26 March 2011

Lemon Ricotta French Toast with Homemade Cinnamon Bread






Homemade bread. This is something we haven't had at my house in a long time. I remember as a kid having it a lot, but then it just didn't happen much anymore. It gets eaten so much faster than a store loaf of bread, but isn't that just a compliment to it? So after see the bread machine, never actually using it before because it was my dad's fancy toy, I asked him how to use it. And it is like the simplest thing ever! I wish I would have asked earlier. Put the ingredients in the bread pan, put pan in machine, press start. literally thats it. No fear, bread machines are your friend!

So I had some ricotta left over from the galette and still a pile of free lemons, so french toast it was! I think I fir Ihop st heard of stuffed french toast from something really gross like an commercial, and probably at the time went there to have it. Anyways, this recipe is so much better than anything you can get at a Ihop. Sweetened ricotta, zesty lemons, and fresh bread. Breakfast food is good.









Love my recipe cards, but gotta use a different format every now and then.


Recipe for Bread from that booklet the bread machine came with :)

14 comments:

Bianca said...

Omg I just woke up, opened my google reader and this was the first gem I saw. I. Want. This. Now.
What a lovely saturday treat, ricotta french toast- yes please!

Happy weekend!
bianca

Julie Marie said...

Thanks! yeah the ricotta makes is so lovely, and its pretty easy! :)

Erin | Better Than Doing Laundry said...

I have extra ricotta left over from making lasagna, so I'm totally going to use the filling idea tomorrow morning. Thanks for the inspiration!

Zo @ Two Spoons said...

Oh your bread looks so light and fluffy and delicious!! That first picture is super drool-alicious too.

Anonymous said...

This looks positively lovely. I couldn't tell you the last time I had French toast, I do believe...it is high time!

alpal said...

YUMMMYYY!!!
Looks simple yet AMAZING!!!
:) Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Wow! That's really impressive. Great job!

Cool Chic Style Fashion said...

Deliziosa ricetta e post ♥ ciao

clarinette said...

OH MY !!! the most beautiful thing i've seen !!! my stomach is dancing !!

Tash said...

Goodness this looks awesome! I love french toast on the weekends and i'll be definitely trying this recipe! :)

Rani said...

Yum, lemon French Toast! I also tried out this recipe that uses orange flavors – it turned out great (especially after a few mimosas!). Enjoy!

Vanessa K said...

This looks amazing! Such beautiful photos! I'm sure it tastes even better that it looks :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks! yeah the ricotta makes is so lovely. Great job! dublin hotel4life transfer factor tri-factor

Unknown said...

Found you through Pinterest, your Photography is amazing and inspiring. (I'm so hungry from all the delicious recipes you have photographed)
Will try this recipe first, Don't know If I have bread baking in me... Will try