25 June 2011

Baked Molasses Apples

Ok you might be thinking, baked molasses apples, sounds good but isn't that more of a fall recipe? Well I just think it is a nice simple dessert, or snack, that can be made in any season.
So on the recipe is says small apples. Many might say, well what kind of apple? I couldn't really say. I just used the small apples that my Mom buys for us to eat. Just use your favorite type of apple! As long as its not something soft or mealy, it will do.



When I was little I would never go near Molasses. I thought it was weird, some thick, brown syrupy thing that smelled. And my Dad would always put it on his waffles, so one time I tried it, figuring that you could eat a spoonful of it like you could maple syrup. Umm wrong. But then a month ago I sent a cookie package to my Great Grandpa on almost the other side of the country and one of them was a molasses bar cookie. And the molasses was so tasty. I had a revelation, molasses is good!


Wrinkly little devils.

The weather in the Bay Area has been so weird lately! One week it is cold and feels like fall, last week was hot as heck and now it is back to being cool again. Is it really summer? 
Happy Weekend! Sorry for the lack of writing in this post, sometime I am just out of words.
Recipe from here

28 comments:

Diana said...

This looks delicious!

Jan said...

I love this idea. And since it's been raining for days here, this is absolutely appropriate right now! It's nice that you grew to love molasses. I was the same way, preferring maple syrup. Now I seek out recipes with molasses, like this one. Yum!

Bianca said...

This recipe makes an apple a day much easier to achieve. Molasses and apples baked make me all fuzzy inside!

Unknown said...

Yum! This looks delicious. I love baked apples!

Unknown said...

The climate has been weird in Italy, too, quite rainy and chilly, so well, these baked apples would be perfect! It so hard to find molasses, though, what would you suggest instead?

Julie Marie said...

Valeria: Molasses is hard to find in Italy? Oh dear, that is bothersome! Maybe you could use honey or maple syrup or dark corn syrup. All depends on your taste

Anonymous said...

Forum Link Building scamswiss trust company
I love this idea.This looks delicious. I love baked apples!

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious!
Italienisch lernen CDMLS.ca Mississauga

funay said...

wedding cake toppersfine jewelry
I love your blog, photos, recipes!
The cake looks absolutely beautiful.

Keysha said...

Beautiful photos, love how you've styled your outfit and every photo!
chauffeur sydneyelectric bike conversion kit

Berrymore said...

Buy Anastrozolefree text
I love your blog, photos, recipes!
The cake looks absolutely beautiful.

benjamin said...

I love your blog! I found it via Pinterest and have been ogling it for a few days now :)runner rugnegle fil

Lemama said...

I just made these and they came out amazing! The whole house smells like blueberries :)refrigerator repair brooklynBiomarker analysis

qwadro_fx said...

carbonfolie aanbrengenr4i 3ds

Daniel said...

This looks delicious!salle mariagedesign engineering jobs

lvv said...

Low APR Credit CardsGlasgow minibus

lvv said...

arborist brisbaneIs phen375 Safe?

lvv said...

thanks
attic ladders brisbaneOpen Toe Strappy Heel

g7 said...

111111
trajes de comuniónrolex replica

g7 said...

Acer ICONIA ICONIA-484G64ns LED Tablet PC ComputersHidden Object Games
2222
2222

g7 said...

free textcaravan annexe
333

g7 said...

humör shoprelogios famosos
444

g7 said...

keratin hair treatmentelectronic cigarette
5555

g7 said...

internetProperty Management
6666

g7 said...

lesson planseasy piano tabs
777

kokonohp said...

replicas de relogios BreitlingTransfer Factor Glucoach
thanks8888888

g7 said...

datingsites gratisreseau social rencontre
9999

lvv said...

chlorella and spirulinapsicologos pozuelo alarcon