09 July 2011

Vanilla Almond Bundt Cake with Strawberry Glaze

Another cake! I swear I eat more then cake... sometimes. Cakes are just so much fun to make and they make everyone happy. So this is just a little post about a simple cake. This bundt cake is extra luscious, so rich with amazing flavor and soft but not too light. I added a fresh strawberry glaze and blueberries. It could also be just simply dusted with powdered sugar.

Even after making cupcakes everyday at my new job, I still come home and just want to bake more. It is so nice to have a job that I actually love to do and want to go to work. And the have people where I can ask them my baking questions or talk about foodie things is kinda amazing. Being in the city is also so nice but I have to resist the urge to walk to places like bi-rite creamery or humphry slocombe and get amazing ice cream every single day. I'll space out my visits, well I'll try to....
I am working on the little print shop! It should be up and running soon. It's a fun little project to work on and it's kinda cool to get the test prints back and think how cool does that photo look big or printed on canvas. So many thoughts involved with it though! What photos? Only food or include my other works too? Am I putting so much effort into something that won't turn out? Will no one want prints? Oh dear....

But i will leave you on a happy note! I'm going to Monterey tomorrow, just for the night but still excited! Get to want boys go spear fishing and wander around  taking photos. Should be an exciting two days off. When u was asked to go, my first thought was, but when will I bake???? Two days from baking won't hurt, I just like how that's what I think about. Not when are we going, where are we staying, etc. Happy weekend!




17 comments:

Melissa @ thefauxmartha said...

As always, so beautiful! I've been in and out of town the last 2 weeks so I'm definitely going through the when am I going to bake syndrome! Need to bake ASAP!

Bianca said...

Your cake looks lovely- but they always do! I can't wait until your print shop is up and running, I would love some lovely cake prints in my office; they are inspiration city!

Have a lovely 2 days off:)

athena said...

the colors of this cute cake are so pretty! i think the recipe is manageable for me too. have fun in monterey! i live here but wish i made frequent trips to san francisco :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. I like the idea for a strawberry glaze. Have fun on your little trip.

Katie said...

This truly looks like the perfect summer cake!

juliana alonso dorola said...

this cake look amazing! i love the flavor combination

Anonymous said...

Julie - in regards to the inherent "risk" involved in putting yourself out there as an artist - just do it! You see, and capture, beauty. That is your craft. We are never alone when we make art because we are with all other artists in our minds' eye. Have faith, share your art and if you make a little money, that's good too. Love the blog, love the recipes. Keep it up!

Amy said...

This looks so delicious! Great photos too.

pickyin @ LifeIsGreat said...

That pink strawberry glaze is priceless on this simple cake. And yes, people still want prints. How else to decorate the kitchen wall? Have a good trip!

Patricia Scarpin said...

I love the idea of a strawberry glaze! How pretty! I love the vibrant color and to know it's natural is wonderful. The cake looks delicious - what a beautiful cake pan you used!

Ash said...

Love this!! That pink is so pretty!!

jennifer said...

ridiculously beautiful! i drooled a little bit just now.

Kaitlin said...

Beautiful! I love the colors in the shot.

I wish I lived in a city and got o bake cupcakes all day!

Raquel @ Erecipe said...

This is actually stunning I love the photos so adorable. I would definitely try this coz my daughter really love cakes, and she will love this one for sure.

madhu said...

Adore this!!

I Am ... CHRISTINA said...

Julie - I have not had the chance to bake the bread as we discussed earlier this week on Insta, but I DID make this cake for a small dinner party I had last night. I actually made mini bundts and one was just perfect for four of us. The cake was moist, light and soooo tasty. Thank you.

Love Story Cafe(z) said...

This is awesome! Great to discover you blog!