03 April 2012

herbed bread

newupload_6







Homemade bread, easy to make and even easier to eat. 


Having this bread straight out of the oven, it's warm, soft with a perfectly crunchy crust and packed full of flavor because of all the fresh herbs you stuff in it. 


After long searching for no knead bread recipe that didn't require the 12-16 hours resting period that most do, I came upon this recipe. It is from the Pioneer Woman's site and looked amazing in her photos. So I decided to give it a go. While mine did not come out looking exactly like hers, she had much more of a pretty 'bloom' to hers when it was slashed on top. I still love this recipe nonetheless. Paired with some herb butter and a few veggies, the bread is magic.


One thing you do need for this recipe is a dutch oven. I have long dreamed over the Le Creuset ones, coveting the one in a cream shade. Many times going into Sur La Table, staring at them thinking 'Today is the day' but never end up walking out with a very heavy bag. They last forever and are a thing of beauty but the 200 or so price tag always makes my practical side run in fear. I will shell out the cash for one, one of these days. But for now my 3 dollar thrift store dutch oven works just fine.


It has been a long weekend. Motorcycle classes, which did not go well unfortunately, but it's not the first thing I have been kicked out of in my life! One memorable time of being kicked out of my high school senior portrait session. Agh, more on that later. 

So off to edit some more photos so it won't be so few and far between on my posting like lately!









newupload_5









newupload_4









newupload_3










newupload_2










recipe from Pioneer Woman





newupload_1











newupload

21 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks so delicious! I just love homemade bread.

christelle is flabbergasting said...

I want to eat this bread with a lot of amount of melted cheese! yum!!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous bread...nothing better than fresh bread with a healthy slather of butter.

Elaina @ Flavour said...

Such a beautiful post, the photos are stunning! I love nothing more than a warm, fresh loaf of artisan bread coming out of the oven...heaven x

Katie said...

The herbs mixed in with the bread make it look extra special! Yum!

Ale babka i robi to co lubi said...

beautiful pictures, wonderful bread

Nina Designs + Parties said...

I LOVE your photos! And that bread is amazing!

Magda | My Little Expat Kitchen said...

I love herbed breads though I never seem to make them at home. Your beautiful photographs are so inspiring, I think I will give this a try soon.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thank you for this! I can't wait to try it! :)

thelittleloaf said...

Your bread looks absolutely beautiful - just as lovely as The Pioneer Woman's :-) Great job!

kyleen said...

I love, love, love all your pictures--so gorgeous! The bread looks delicious as well.

uknowme said...

look like interesting it support companiesdomains anmelden

sweet harvest moon said...

This sounds truly amazing!

athena said...

this looks amazing, always in awe of your work. i wish i had a dutch oven, i'll dream about owning a le creuset someday in the far future :)

Jill~a SaucyCook said...

Your bread looks beautiful and oh, so crusty. I do own a le creuset dutch oven, but no stand mixer, so I always end up kneading by hand. I actually enjoy the feel of the bread dough though, so don't weep for me. I'm certain that I will get my stand mixer one day, probably at the same time as you get your le creuset.

I Wilkerson said...

What a beautiful loaf! I have been longing for a Dutch Oven myself lately. Perhaps I'll need to make some thrift store trips myself!

anon said...

mmm! i made some honeyed soda bread this evening, but i would love to have a go at making this herbed loaf, it looks delicious.

Jillian Nicole said...

I can't remember whose blog I found yours through, but however I found it, I'm so glad I did! Not only do your recipes sound amazing, but your photography and styling of your food is exquisite! At the moment, I'm just doing event design, but have been practicing with food and would love to get more involved with styling food--did you just learn through trial and error or was their a class you took? Also, was just wondering about the butter in these pictures--can that recipe be found elsewhere? Thanks so much and so excited to have a look through the rest of your beautiful blog!:)

jenbern said...

looks delicious!! beautiful photos!

Mike @TheIronYou said...

As you perfectly stated this is easy to make and even easier to eat. I made it Sunday for brunch and it was gone in 10 minutes...
Great, great recipe!

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell the bread. Baking bread is a (almost)daily activity for me, I love it and always find the time to do it. I need to find some herbs now =)