19 September 2013

from the garden.

1



2

My little garden is not doing so well, only the herbs are flourishing and tiny little squashes have started to appear. my neighbor's garden is still growing like crazy though. The tomatoes from the 'oven dried tomatoes' post were from him and the other day he gave me all them. Practically a whole grocery bag full. It was amazing. They are so sweet and are just bursting with flavor, my salads all week are going to me glorious. 

When I told my Dad about all the tomatoes I got, for free!, the immediate question was 'What are you going to make?' The question I always get asked when I'm talking about doing a new post. But I really just didn't want to bake anything. It's been hot lately, realy hot and even when their is a breeze its hot air. So turning on my oven heats up my entire tiny little apartment by like 15 degrees so thats not an option. So I've just been making myself salads after work every night. Fresh, unadulterated veggies. Thats all I've been crazy. Radishes especially. My favorite of all. 

Some still life's of all the veggies I have been given lately, one of a salad and the final one of my dresser. I woke up on my day off and I thought the light was so beautiful shining through the window. I grabbed my camera, snapped a shot, shoved the curtain closed and fell back asleep for a bit.

3



4



5



6



7



8



9





17 comments:

thecitygourmand said...

Shown in all their glory, those tomatoes look spectacular!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

your garden may not be doing well but your photos are incredible, so crisp and clear, I loved them all, so clear...Phyllis

phi @PrincessTofu said...

I'm dying to have a garden with veggies like your's, but I've killed 3 edible plants already from growing them indoors - the only things left are succulents and cacti.


Jade Sheldon-Burnsed said...

Gosh, I love tomatoes so, so much. These look beautiful and delicious.

Kezia said...

Salads are the best in hot weather, I love them too. Amazing photos!

Unknown said...

Wow. Really beutifull photos. Really great!
I'll come soon to visit you fabulous blog.
Bye.
GiuseB

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos, Julie. Keep them coming! June.

Ellen said...

Just out of curiosity, what is the smallish black book on your dresser?

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful ;) Amazing photos ;)

I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

Em said...

wowow. the only thing you'd find in my garden is overgrown grass! such gorgeous pictures, i found your blog through pintrest (your tiny chocolate cake brought me here) and i have subscribed, cant wait for more posts :)

Anonymous said...

wooow, such great pictures :D
love your blog!xxx

Megan {Country Cleaver} said...

I wish I had a garden as colorful as that! Our growing season is all but done - and my herbs looks haggered from a sad summer of no warmth and minimal sun. This has me dreaming of a big luscious garden.

anna @ annamayeveryday said...

These tomatoes are beautiful, great photographs.

Joao Ricardo said...

Love your photos. Can I ask you what camera do you use? I'm trying to find a nice one to buy :)

Melanie Saucier said...

I also love your pictures, and the radishes...yum. I just planted radishes seeds 2 weeks ago in my garden and it started to sprout 5 days later (I was impressed) Can't wait to taste them, along with the other winter veggies I just planted :)
Cheers!

Gintare @Gourmantine said...

Lucky you to have such a nice neighbor, I could live on tomatoes only!

Jo@The Desert Echo said...

Your photos are amazing, beautiful still lifes! Thank you so much for sharing! Have started following you on bloglovin!