04 September 2011

Bleu Crimini Quiche


My new obsession with bleu cheese begins. Well I have liked it for quite a while now but had yet to cook with it. Growing up I hated it, for that fact it had all those moldy veins which freaked me out beyond belief. And that it was such a strong flavor but now I love the flavor and kept eating huge chunks of it straight while baking this.
 The online magazine NEET emailed me during the summer asking if I wanted to be featured in the September issue along with a few other bloggers for their special 'comfort food' section. After clicking on their website I of course said yes, falling in love with all the photography they had put in their magazine before. If only it was in print too! The issue just came out, so go check it out! HERE is the link, y'all.

Honey & Jam and Desserts for Breakfast are the two other amazing bloggers featured. Having been obsessed with both of those blogs for months now, it is really an honor to be shown next to them.
 Hannah's tomato soup is such a beautiful photo, the minute I saw it on her flickr I literally said out lough, 'oh my god.' The styling, lighting, that essential Hannah touch that makes me immediately know she took the photo; everything works. Her photos have such an amazing golden glow. And it is a vegetarian recipe, so even better! At the tasting salon featuring Claire Ptak and Andrea Blum, which was super amazing and will tell you all about later, the first course was a tomato bread gazpacho. I think it was my first time every having a cold soup, and it was so great tasting. The tomato were just picked from the garden and so were the herbs that went into it I believe. 
 Stephanie of Desserts for Breakfast made and photographed the caramel apple crumble. Like seriously? you made a crumble even better by adding caramel to it. Genius! After reading the article about her in the magazine, I realized she lived so close to me, very close. What a small world! Her photos are always really amazing too, did you see her fig, mascarpone and pistachio tart post? A thing of beauty. Once I get some more figs, I want to make that right away.
 Recipe from Martha

21 comments:

Rachel at Eat and Write said...

Congratulations! Very glad your photography is getting the attention it deserves. I know you must put a lot of thought and time into each set of photos!

Peggy said...

That looks insane! I have just yesterday purchased a cookbook which has Scandinavian recipes by the Nordic Bakery in London. I was thinking to do a blue cheese tart. You have inspired me!

Gorgeous shots.

jkd said...

Love the pictures. So hungry now!

Jennifer (Delicieux) said...

Congratulations on your article in NEET. Very well deserved as your work is beautiful and your quiche looks beautiful.

myfudo said...

Oh Great! Another delectable mushroom recipe. It's a must for me try it.

a Palate and a Passport said...

I just love blue vein cheese and the way you have applied it here.

Pencil Kitchen said...

Read the Blog Name and know I would love it, because it's Butter. Plus, this pie looks extravagant and rustic at the same time...

Heidi / foodiecrush said...

Blue cheese and shrooms in a buttery crust: to die for! And the shot of the cremini in the bucket is gorg. Congrats on your feature in NEET, well deserved!

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely snippet and bio featured in N.E.E.T! I'm happy to have been introduced to your blog. Even more so to another new method of marrying two of my favorite flavors: woodsy mushrooms and earth blue cheese! Looking forward to a slice.

Cheers,

*Heather*

Mary Bergfeld said...

Julie, this really is a lovely creation. This is my first visit to your site and I just wanted you to know how much I like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be returning. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

puttermuch said...

beautiful photos !!! this looks yummy :)

Maria said...

Love the photos! Looks divine!

Sue/the view from great island said...

I love a good quiche, and the flavors in this one seem like they'd be complex and bold. My quiches are usually fairly subtle, so I'm anxious to try this. Your photos are wonderful, glad to have discovered your blog!

Unknown said...

uhhh TT_TT it's looks absolutely yummiiiie ♥

Jessica said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I am here to stay! What stunning photography! I can't wait to make this quiche, so many wonderful flavors! :-)

Kathy YL Chan said...

What a stunning dish! Found your blog via Honey and Jam and have been browsing through it all morning. Beautiful photographs and love your writing :)

hannah queen | honey & jam said...

you are awesome. thanks for the kind words, lovely lady.

i'm making this quiche asap. i don't even really like eggy things but this looks amazing.

andrea blum said...

thanks for the honorable mention in this blog!

Julie Marie said...

Andrea: your welcome! That is so crazy you found my blog. That food you made that night was amazing!! I was that one young vegetarian girl :)

Violan said...

Thanks for the recipe. It was very delicious! :)
group buying in south africala weight loss diet

diablo 3 power leveling said...

Happy to find your blog and the great images that you have on a regular basis!