03 April 2011

Pumpkin Ginger Waffles





I love pumpkin. Of course most of my memories around it involve it in the form of a pie. But the best time to eat pumpkin pie is for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas. Thanks to my Mom and Grampa, I have learned the dessert for breakfast habit. They would always do it after a holiday, so I did too. Which is probably partially the reason I am addicted to anything sugar. So when I told my boyfriend of all the pumpkin things I really want to make, he said "It's not fall, don't make pumpkin things. Pumpkin isn't for spring." I disagree!! :)

Lets face it, most of us use canned pumpkin puree. I have never even thought of using anything else. You can buy it all year round  so be prepared for more pumpkin posts to come. On to the waffles. 

These are a nice change from normal waffles, which I already adore. The crystalized ginger is great in it because it makes little crunchy bites through out the waffle. One batch of the recipe only makes maybe 4 big ones, or 5 somewhat smaller ones like I did. So if you have more that 2 people I would suggest doubling up. 













Recipe from here

15 comments:

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Your first photo is fabulous! Will try this.

Carmen of Baking is my Zen

Ruth said...

Oooh I love your pictures. These waffles look great. Thanks for posting!

EE said...

Love first photo:)

Bianca said...

Wow, your photos have me drooling- I have never had pumpkin in a pancake before; but seeing as I love anything pancake related, I am willing to give this a try!

Story Teller said...

Mmm! This is a reminder not to check out food blogs when hungry! God, they look good.

Anonymous said...

Oh how you tempt me! That first photo clearly depicts this recipe as a winner :)

Anonymous said...

WOW you have the most beautiful, minimalistic, breathtaking photography I've ever seen!!! the recipe sounds phenomenal but i really am dumbfounded by your pictures!!

Julie Marie said...

Thank you so much everyone. I'm really glad you like the images. That is really nice to hear

Katie said...

I'm a pumpkin nut, too. I'll eat it year round!

Unknown said...

Your recipes and photography are stunning - new follower!

- Lindsay

Ashley said...

I cant wait to make these! Its getting to be fall and these will be a perfect weekend breakfast!

Lynn Wise said...

I just stumbled upon your website. Those waffles look divine! Quick question....how do you get the cute "recipe card" box on your blog? I love it!

Viven said...

I love your blog! I found it via Pinterest and have been ogling it for a few days now :) 1. I love anything with Goats cheese 2. I love most any form of chocolate. Yum.usb-sticks mit DruckWeb Marketing Services

Diablo 3 items said...

Confident it had been a great weekend!, Now i'm content to suit your needs!, your own ensemble will be georgeous!

harga hp samsung said...

I'm really glad you like the images. This is a reminder not to check out food blogs when hungry!